Dahi ke kebabs are prepared with hung curd. They are so soft that they just melt in the mouth.
These kebabs are a perfect blend of sweet, sour and spicy flavor. They have been seasoned with finely chopped green chillies, paprika powder, garam masala and cardamom powder. Cardamom gives it a nice fragrant flavor and raisins have been added for some sweetness.
Key to make delicious hung curd is to use chilled hung curd. Also, make sure to use fresh curd for making hung curd.
Yields : 4 Kebabs
- 1/2 Cup Hung Curd
- 1 Green Chilli (Finely Chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (Chopped) Coriander Leaves
- 3/4 Tsp Ginger (Paste)
- 14-16 Raisins (Chopped)
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli Paprika Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- Salt as per Taste
- Oil (For Pan-frying )
- Take a big bowl, add chopped chillies, chopped coriander leaves, ginger paste, chilli paprika powder, garam masala, cardamom powder and 2 tablespoons of gram flour.
- Now take out chilled hung curd from the refrigerator and add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and remaining gram flour over hung curd and mix everything with a spoon.
- Divide the mixture into four portions.
- Grease palm with some oil and shape a portion of mixture into tikki.
- Press the center of tikki with thumb and place some chopped raisins.
- Seal the edges and shape into kebabs.
- Repeat the process till entire mixture is finished.
- Place the kebabs in refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Pan-fry kebabs in a nonstick pan till they are golden-brown. Soak excess oil by transferring them to a paper towel.
- Transfer them to a platter and serve with mint-coriander chutney/ ketchup.