Cherry tomatoes and garlic dip has a tangy flavor with a perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness. It is easy and very quick to cook. I have used cherry tomatoes as they are sweeter than regular tomatoes. Do not skip vinegar as it really enhances the flavor.
At home, we simply loved this dip with nachos. You can use it as an accompaniment for several other dishes, be it paratha or some snack.
Yields : 1/2 Cup (Approx.)
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes (Paste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (Chopped) Garlic
- 6 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 4 Tsp Jaggery Powder
- 3/4 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic to it.
- Saute for a few seconds and add chopped cherry tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, make a paste of remaining cherry tomatoes by using a grinder.
- Add cherry tomato paste to the pan.
- Also, add vinegar, paprika powder, chilli flakes, jaggery powder and salt.
- Cook till you get a nice thick consistency and turn off the heat.
- You can transfer this dip to a glass container and refrigerate it for 3-4 days.
- You can puree the dip to get a sauce like consistency and serve to your kid. It will be fresh as well as healthy without being loaded with preservatives.