Black chickpeas and crunchy vegetables salad is packed with a lot of nutrition in terms of protein, vitamins, minerals and several antioxidants. Absolutely low in fat and high in dietary fibre, this salad is very very easy and quick to prepare. Just remember to soak black chickpeas overnight.
What makes this salad delicious is the combination of vegetables that have been used. Lemon and salt dressing brings out the flavor of juicy vegetables.
Black chickpeas have a low glycemic index which helps in curbing appetite. So, this salad can be had as a meal itself. Carry it to your office or relish it in the luxury of your home.
- 3/4 Cup Black Chickpeas (Boiled)
- 1/4 Cup (Chopped) Onion
- 1/4 Cup (Chopped) Tomato
- 1/4 Cup (Chopped) Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup (Chopped) Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup (Chopped) Cucumber
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (Chopped ) Coriander Leaves
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Transfer boiled black chickpeas and chopped vegetables to a big bowl.
- Pour lemon juice and sprinkle salt over them.
- Also, add coriander leaves and mix all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes and salad is ready to be served.
- Do not eat this salad immediately as onion will taste bitter. Also, if you allow the salad to stand for some time, vegetable juices blend well with each other , resulting in delicious flavor.
- Approximately 1/4 cup of raw black chickpeas will yield 3/4 cup of boiled black chickpeas.
- It takes about 15-20 minutes to boil black chickpeas.