Pasta in creamy oats sauce dish is an adaptation of a recipe which I watched on a Fit Foodie show. I watched it yesterday on television and today itself , I tried my hands on it. This dish looks absolutely tempting and nothing can stop it from becoming one of your kid’s favorite pasta . They are sure to indulge in it and so are you.
Since, oats have been used to make creamy sauce, serve it immediately after it has been prepared. If not, it will become sticky instead of creamy.
So, just sit back and enjoy healthy as well as scrumptious pasta in creamy oats sauce.
- 200 Gms. Penne Pasta (Cooked)
- 40 Gms. Saffola Masala Oats (Peppy Tomato)
- 1 Big Onion (Chopped)
- 5 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (Chopped) Garlic
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 3 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp (Chopped) Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Toned Milk
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Transfer oats and milk to a pan.
- Cook them for 3-4 minutes and add chopped parsley.
- Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Once, oats-milk puree is cooled down, transfer it to a grinder and grind it for a smooth paste.
- In another pan, heat oil and cook chopped garlic for a minute or so.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, chilli flakes,Italian seasoning and salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Now, add oats-milk puree and stir to mix all contents of the pan.
- Add cooked pasta and mix it with creamy oats sauce.
- Garnish with parsley curls and serve immediately.
- Use whole wheat pasta to make this dish healthier.
- You can try other variants of saffola oats like classic masala / veggie twist, if peppy tomato flavor is not available.