This is an eggless cake with yogurt. Yogurt makes this cake extra moist and light. One can eat pieces and pieces of it and still would want more.
I had some low fat Amul Fresh Cream at home. So, I added some icing sugar, a pinch of salt, a few drops of vanilla essence and cinnamon powder to fresh cream and whipped it. I refrigerated it for sometime and then, poured it over cake pieces. Delicious cinnamon flavored cream added to its flavor. If you do not have fresh cream, sprinkle some cinnamon and powdered sugar over it before serving.
Apple Cinnamon cake can be served as dessert / tea-time cake.
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Refined Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Apples (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Butter ( At Room Temperature )
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3/4 Cup Yogurt
- Preheat oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Transfer whole wheat flour, refined flour and baking soda to a big bowl and sieve it.
- Take a big bowl and add oil, butter and sugar. Whisk the mixture.
- Add yogurt and whisk the mixture again.
- Transfer dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients, a few tablespoons at a time. Mix using cut and fold method. Repeat the process till mix of dry ingredients is finished.
- Add cinnamon and chopped apples to cake batter. Mix with a spatula.
- Transfer batter to a greased square tin or any cake tin of your choice.
- Place tin on a baking tray and put it inside preheated oven.
- Bake at 180°C for 35-40 minutes.
- Place a toothpick in the center to check if it comes clean. If it does, take out cake tin from oven else bake for additional 6-8 minutes.
- Cut cake into pieces when it is cooled completely.
- I have used equal proportion of whole wheat flour and refined flour in making it. You can change proportion of flours according to your choice. Increasing the quantity of whole wheat flour will make it more dense.