Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins are very moist with crunchy bites of chocolate chips . I have not used whole wheat flour as oatmeal already makes it slight dense. Oatmeal gets completely cooked and one can not really taste its presence. So, it is surely a healthier alternative for any chocolate cake lover. I prepared these muffins for my son’s diwali potluck party and he came back home with an empty tiffin 🙂 . You can omit chocolate chips if they are not available. I added them especially for my son.
I made 6 muffins and one heart-shaped cake. You can use batter for making muffins/ cake. Time to bake will increase by 10-15 minutes if you are attempting to bake a cake.
Serves: 12-14 Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup Refined Flour
- 3/4 Cup Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1 Cup Castor Sugar / Powdered White Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil/ Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Muffin pan with muffin liners
- Soak oats in half cup of water for 10-12 minutes
- Preheat oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Sieve refined flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a big bowl.
- In another bowl, pour oil, sugar, vinegar and half cup of cold water. Mix it using a hand whisk or an electric beater.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix using a spatula or an electric beater.
- Add oats and vanilla essence. Mix using a spatula or an electric beater.
- Add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and mix using a spatula. Remaining chocolate chips will be sprinkled on top of muffin.
- Place muffin liners in muffin pan.
- Pour mixture into each muffin liner to 3/4th of its capacity. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 180 °C in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Place the toothpick in the center of a muffin to check if it comes clean.
- If it does not come clean , bake again for 4-5 minutes and repeat the toothpick test.