Kalakand- Popular Indian sweet made with Paneer/Cottage Cheese. It is one of my husband’s favorite Indian sweets. I make only a few indian sweets at home and this recipe is frequently going to find its place in my kitchen. This dish has been prepared with only 5 ingredients and gets cooked within 5-6 minutes. Then, you have to keep it aside for a couple of hours so that it can set properly.
Cardamom powder imparts a great flavor to this indian sweet. You can use rose water as a flavoring ingredient as well.
One thing to make sure that kalkand tastes scrumptious is to use fresh and soft paneer/cottage chesse.
- 1 Cup Tightly-Packed (Grated) Paneer/ Cottage Cheese
- 175 Gms. Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 12-14 Pistachios (Chopped)
- Line a square box with a cling foil.
- Mix grated paneer/cottage cheese and milk powder along with condensed milk in a bowl.
- Transfer this mixture to a heavy bottomed pan / non-stick pan.
- Cook this mixture at low-medium flame till it starts to leave sides of the pan. It will take approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix.
- Transfer contents to the box(lined with cling foil) and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios and press them gently into kalakand mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and set for a couple of hours.
- Cut it into pieces and serve.