Mirchi ke Tipore – Peppery and tangy instant chilli pickle, which is often served as part of Rajasthani Thalis. I first tasted this dish at my in-laws place . My mother-in-law used to make delicious mirchi ke tipore . I have tried to emulate the flavor here.
One can use long thick chillies/ bhavnagri chillies for making mirchi ke tipore. It requires minimal effort to prepare it. In comparison to usual pickle recipes, this recipe uses much lesser amount of oil and salt and can be consumed immediately.
This authentic Rajasthani side-dish can really enhance the flavor of any lightly spiced simple meal as well. Mirchi ke Tipore can also be stored in refrigerator for a week.
- 8 Long Thick Chillies
- 1 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 3/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds Powder
- 3 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- Chop chillies into small pieces ( approximately 1/2 “)
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai and add asafoetida.
- Also, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- Once seeds begin to crackle/splutter, add chopped chillies.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and salt. Mix all the ingredients and cover kadai with a lid. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle turmeric powder, fennel seeds powder and dry mango powder. Stir all ingredients.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and remove kadai from heat.
- Consume immediately or transfer to a glass container once it has been cooled down.