Chilli Potatoes- One of very popular recipes of Indo-Chinese cuisine. It is served as a starter. This dish is full of varied flavors which complement each other very well . Some people add bell-peppers and some skip it. I am a fan of this crunchy and healthy vegetable. So, I like to use it in my dishes as much as I can.
It is a high calorie recipe as deep-fried potatoes have been used . But once in a while, you can indulge in it as its scrumptious taste surely justifies the calorie count.
This dish can be prepared very easily and quickly. So, prepare a large serving and share it with your family/friends.
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- 1/2 Medium Red Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 1/2 Medium Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 4 Spring Onion Bulbs (Chopped)
- 2 Spring Onion Green Stalk (Chopped)
- 18 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1″ Ginger Piece (Grated)
- 3 Dry Kashmiri Chillies (Deseeded and Broken into Half)
- 3 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tsp Chilli Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Cornflour Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 3/4 Tsp Sesame Seeds (Dry-Roasted)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil/ Any Cooking Oil
- Oil for Deep-Frying
- Cut potatoes vertically into long strips/wedges.
- Sprinkle cornflour powder, red chilli powder and salt over potatoes and mix until properly coated.
- Deep- fry at medium to high flame till potato strips/wedges turn golden brown.
- Transfer to a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and dry red chillies.
- Cook for a minute and add chopped spring onion bulb, stalk and grated ginger.Cook for 2 minutes at medium flame.
- Add green bell pepper and red bell pepper. Sprinkle some salt over vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato ketchup, chilli vinegar, soya sauce and red chilli flakes. Also, adjust quantity of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Toss fried potatoes with vegetables and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle roasted sesame seeds.