Achari Paneer – Spicy lip-smacking Paneer/ Cottage Cheese recipe flavored with a melange of powdered spices (which are frequently used for making pickles) .
If you are fond of pickles, you will certainly love this delectable paneer recipe. I have dry-roasted fennel seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, onion seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds and dry red chillies and powdered them. You can prepare this powder/masala in advance and store it. Whenever you run short of time for preparing a delicious meal, use this home-made powder/masala and create a delicious meal in no time.
Achari Paneer pairs well with any Indian flat-bread or steamed rice .
Serves : 4
- 250 Gms. Paneer/Cottage Cheese Cubes
- 2 Big Onion ( Finely Chopped )
- 3 Medium Tomatoes ( In Purée Form )
- 1 1/2 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Seeds plus 3/4 Tsp Onion Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 Kashmiri Dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Chopped Coriander Leaves ( For Garnishing )
- Dry roast fennel seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp onion seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds and dry red chillies on a hot tava and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add asafoetida and remaining onion seeds.
- When seeds begin to crackle, add chopped onion along with ginger and garlic paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato purée and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, dry mango powder and powdered spices to kadai and cook for 12-15 minutes. Also add salt plus 1/3- 1/2 cup of water at this stage.
- Add sugar and cottage cheese cubes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with any Indian flat-bread / steamed rice.