Vegetable Melange : A mix of fresh vegetables chopped and cooked with onion, ginger-garlic paste and a few basic spices. It is an extremely nutritious and delicious vegetable recipe. This dish can be prepared in any season but tastes best when you use fresh seasonal vegetables instead of frozen ones. You can opt for tomato puree instead of dry mango powder for slight tanginess. Cottage cheese cubes can be added to increase nutritive value of vegetable melange.
Use of fenugreek leaves powder makes a lot of difference to its taste, so do not skip it.
Easy as well as quick to prepare dish. Enjoy delectable Vegetable Melange with paratha/phulka.
SERVES : 4
- 2 Medium Potatoes (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Beans (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Carrot (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek Leaves Powder
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Leaves ( For Garnishing )
- Heat oil in a kadai and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds begin to crackle, add onion and ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and add remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt.
- Add 1/3 cup of water. Cover kadai with a lid and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle coriander powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and fenugreek seeds powder. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes till all water has been dried up.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.