Chilli Garlic Dip– Prepared with dry red chillies and garlic cloves combined with vinegar and a few sauces. I have also added a bit of honey to balance the chilli factor of this dip.
It is an ideal accompaniment for momos/ spring -rolls but can pair well with many other dishes as well.
Chilli garlic dip can be prepared in just a few minutes if you are ready with soaked red chillies. You can also prepare and store this dip for a week.
- 12 Dry Red Chillies
- 14-16 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar/White
- 1/2 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Water
- Soak dry red chillies in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Make a paste with soaked chillies and garlic cloves. Add a few teaspoons of water to facilitate smooth grinding. You can also de-seed red chillies before making a paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add chilli-garlic paste.
- Cook for couple of minutes.
- Add tomato ketchup, soya sauce, rice vinegar, salt and water.
- Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Once mixture has been cooled down, add honey and mix.
- Transfer to a bowl and relish with snack/appetizer of your choice.