Welcoming 2016 with a moist orange and cranberry cake.
Distinctive taste of cranberries is rendering a delicious contrast to the sweetness of cake. A perfect balance of sweetness and sourness.
I have used orange zest and orange juice for orange flavor and cranberries used here are the dried ones. If you get hold of fresh cranberries, do use them for this recipe. I have used eggs for this recipe but will soon post an eggless recipe as well.
- 200 Gms. Refined Flour
- 200 Gms. Castor Sugar
- 150 Gms. Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Orange Essence
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Orange Zest
- 3/4 Cup Dry Cranberries
- Transfer butter and castor sugar to a big bowl and whisk them together.
- Add eggs one by one and incorporate them into the above batter, using a whisk.
- Transfer refined flour and baking powder together using a sieve.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, a few tablespoons at a time and mix them.
- Add vanilla essence, orange essence and orange zest and mix.
- Add cranberries and give batter a gentle mix.
- Transfer batter to a greased cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35-40 minutes.