Vegetable Stock- Flavorful liquid prepared with vegetables like onion, garlic, carrot, celery, bay leaves and peppercorns.
Usually, raw vegetables are added for making vegetable stock but I have sauteed vegetables just for 2 minutes before adding water. It enhanced aroma as well as flavor of vegetable stock. As I am writing this post,simmering vegetables are producing a magnificent aroma in my kitchen and I am so eager to make soup using this stock.
I will be soon posting a few soup recipes. So, storing vegetable stock in your refrigerator will bring you one step closer for preparing hot soups for this chilling weather.
You can store vegetable stock in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Yields: 2 1/2 Cups
- 1 Medium Onion (Roughly Chopped)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (Crushed Roughly)
- 1 Large Carrot (Chopped into Slices)
- 2 Celery stalks ( Broken into 2 parts)
- 6-8 Celery Leaves
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorns
- 4 Cups of Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a big pot and add oil.
- All all ingredients except water and saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour water over vegetables.
- After one boil, lower the flame at medium-low heat.
- Cover pot with a lid and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and strain the mixture.
- Store it for future use.