Lehsuni Paneer Masala– A simple yet scrumptious Paneer/Cottage Cheese recipe packed with garlic flavor. Lehsuni Paneer Masala is a semi-dry gravy dish cooked with onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and a few powdered spices.
It is an ideal dish for times when you have to cook in a jiffy yet you want the dish to be different than the regular recipe. Garlic marks its presence very well in this dish. Use of milk and kasoori methi powder helps to mellow garlic flavor and balance the taste.
Ingredients used in this recipe are usually stocked in our Indian kitchens. All you have to do is assemble them and follow simple cooking steps.
- 200 Gms. Paneer Cubes
- 1 1/2 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (Grated)
- 18-20 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Kasoori Methi Powder
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (For Garnishing)
- Heat oil in a kadai and add asafoetida plus cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds begin to crackle, add garlic cloves and cook for a couple of seconds.
- Add chopped onion and cook till it turns translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder,coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk, water and sugar. Mix.
- Cover kadai with a lid and let gravy simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle kasoori methi powder and add paneer cubes. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves at the time of serving.