Hot n Sour Soup has been prepared with an assortment of vegetables like cabbage, carrot and green beans. You can add/delete vegetables as per your choice.
I have used harissa for adding chilli flavor to soup. Harissa is an aromatic paste made predominantly with hot chillies. It is widely used in North African and Middle Eastern cuisines as a condiment. If harissa is not available, you can make a chilli paste with dry kashmiri red chillies.
Serves : 4
- 1 Cup Assorted Vegetable Mix
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 3 Tsp Harissa
- 2 1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 6 Tsp Cornflour Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add minced garlic.
- Cook for half a minute and add vegetable mix.
- Saute them at a high flame for 2 minutes and lower the flame.
- Now add harissa, vegetable stock, soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper powder and salt.
- Dissolve cornflour powder in 1/2 cup of water and add it to pan.
- Cook till soup is thickened.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to soup bowl.
- Serve it hot along with Whole Wheat Bread-sticks.