Gajar Ka Halwa – Rich Indian dessert made with carrots, milk , sugar, aromatic cardamom powder and loaded with dry fruits.
I have not added khoya to this recipe. Instead I have allowed milk to boil along with carrots itself and convert into milk solids. I have used toned milk but you can use full fat milk as well. I have used an assortment of soaked almonds, raisins and pistachio. You can choose any combination of dry fruits.
- 700 Gms. Carrot (Grated)
- 1 Cup Toned Milk
- 1/2 Cup Condensed Milk
- 5-6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Assorted Dry Fruits
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- Heat ghee in a big kadai and add grated carrots.
- Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add milk and condensed milk to kadai.
- Cover kadai with a lid. Let carrots cook in milk at a low flame.
- After 45 minutes, add sugar and cook till mixture turns dry.
- Add cardamom powder and dry fruits.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a dessert bowl and serve it hot.