Scrumptious chocolate muffins combined with freshness of orange zest and sourness of cranberries. These egg-less muffins are a bit dense (owing to whole wheat flour) yet are very soft and moist.
Serves : 12 Muffins
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Refined Flour
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Orange Zest
- 3/4 Cup Cranberries (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- Preheat oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, refined flour, baking soda and salt together in a big bowl.
- Now, sieve together sugar and cocoa powder and mix it in the first bowl.
- In another bowl, pour oil, vinegar and cold water. Whisk it.
- Transfer dry ingredients (few tablespoons at a time) to the bowl with liquid ingredients and mix . Repeat the process till dry ingredients are finished.
- Add orange zest and cranberries to cake batter and gently mix it. Rub cranberries with some flour before adding to batter so that cranberries do not settle down.
- Arrange muffin liners in each indentation of muffin pan.
- Pour cake batter into muffin liners and sprinkle few chopped cranberries on top. Fill each muffin liner only till 3/4th of its capacity.
- Bake at 180 °C in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.