Paprika Olives And Rosemary Bread -Simple bread recipe redefined with incorporation of red paprika stuffed olives and dry rosemary herb in it. This bread contains the goodness of whole wheat flour and olives.
Switch to this healthy bread for breakfast. Grease slices with a bit of regular butter/ garlic butter/olive oil and toast them in an oven.
You can also use Paprika Olives and Rosemary Bread for making Bruschetta.
- 200 Gms. Whole Wheat Flour
- 50 Gms. Refined Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 Tsp plus 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 75 Ml. Milk
- 50 Ml. plus 50 Ml. Water
- 12 Red Paprika Stuffed Olives (Sliced)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dry Rosemary Herb
- 2 Tbsp Margarine/Olive Oil
- Dissolve yeast along with 1 tsp sugar in 50 ml. lukewarm water and set it aside for 6-8 minutes till a layer of froth appears on top. Always cover the yeast bowl or put it at a dark place.
- Transfer whole wheat flour, refined flour, salt, remaining sugar and yeast mixture to a big bowl.
- Knead a soft dough using food processor/stand-mixer. Add remaining water, milk and margarine/olive oil for kneading dough.
- Transfer dough to clean kitchen slab for further kneading.
- Stretch the dough back and forth using palm. Repeat this process for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently poke dough with your finger. If indentation fills quickly, it is an indication that dough has been sufficiently kneaded.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl and cover it with a warm cloth/cling foil. Greasing a bowl will ensure that dough does not stick to its surface while removing.
- Keep it at a warm place for an hour so that dough can double itself. You can put bowl inside a cupboard or microwave.
- Once dough is doubled, knock it to remove gas bubbles formed by yeast during rising process.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl for second rise. Wait for it to double.
- Again, knock it to remove gas bubbles formed by yeast during rising process.
- Dough is ready to be shaped.
- Knead red paprika stuffed olive slices and rosemary into dough.
- Transfer dough to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Let it rise for an hour so that it can double in size.
- Gently brush milk on top of bread.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- You can replace green olives with the black ones.
- Add one teaspoon of chilli flakes if paprika stuffed olives are not available.