Crispy Okra is a healthier adaptation of deep-fried kurkuri bhindi. Although lesser oil has been used in preparing okra chips, Okra slices turned out to be very crispy and absolutely lip-smacking. Okra slices have been baked in OTG.
You can prepare Crispy Okra in advance and heat it at OTG’s lowest temperature for 4-6 minutes at the time of serving.
Okra has many health benefits like its high fiber, vitamin C and folate content. It is also known for being high in antioxidants and a good source of calcium and potassium.
Crispy okra chips can be served as a side-dish to any Indian meal.
- 500 Gms. Okra (Bhindi)
- 1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Chat Masala
- 1 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 3-4 Tsp Oil
- Wash and clean Okra.
- Pat Okra dry using a paper towel.
- Remove top and bottom parts of okra and chop them diagonally.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix till okra is properly coated .
- Transfer okra to a baking tray (lined with parchment paper).
- Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Flip okra slices after 10-12 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 150°C and bake again for 8-10 minutes till it turns crispy. Also, flip okra slices once again.
- Serve them hot and crispy.