Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce- Assorted vegetables of your choice cooked in hot garlic sauce.
I have added vegetables like onion, green bell-pepper, carrot and babycorn. You can add vegetables like red/yellow bell-pepper, bok choy, sweet corn, broccoli, zucchini etc. as per your preference. So, if you do not know what to do with vegetables lying in your refrigerator, try this recipe and utilize those vegetables to create a healthy and sumptuous dish.
As the name suggests, this dish contains a lot of garlic cloves and dry red chillies. I have added a bit of honey to balance the chilli factor.
Relish Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce with rice or noodles.
Serves : 3-4
- 1 Big Onion ( Cut into Cubes)
- 1 Big Green Bell-Pepper ( Cut into Cubes)
- 1 Big Carrot (Sliced)
- 4-5 Boiled Babycorn ( Cut into Slices)
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp (Minced) Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp (Grated) Ginger
- 4 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tsp Tobasco Sauce
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1/4-1/2 Tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds (For Garnishing)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Make a paste with five garlic cloves and dry red chillies.
- Heat oil in a frying-pan and add minced garlic cloves. Cook for a minute or so.
- Add onion along with grated ginger and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add carrots and sprinkle some salt to fasten cooking.
- Now add chopped green bell-pepper and saute at medium-high flame for a couple of minutes.
- Make a slurry with cornflour powder and 2 tbsp water.
- Add babycorn, chilli-garlic paste, slurry, soya sauce, red chilli flakes, tobasco sauce,salt and 1 1/2 cup of water to vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat.
- Add honey and stir the contents of frying-pan.
- Cook till sauce turns thick and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.