Cottage Cheese in Herbed Red Bell-Pepper Gravy- Cottage cheese cubes cooked in spicy red bell- pepper gravy seasoned with basil herb. I have used roasted red bell-peppers and dry basil. Fresh basil can also be used. This recipe utilizes very less oil, still tastes like any restaurant-style dish.
This dish tastes similar to Italian style pasta sauces and blends very well with cottage cheese cubes.
Relish lip-smacking Cottage Cheese in Herbed Red Bell-Pepper Gravy with any Indian Flat-bread / rice.
Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
- 200 Gms. Cottage Cheese Cubes
- 2 Medium Red Bell-Pepper
- 2 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (Chopped)
- 2 Tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2-3/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Basil
- 1 1/2 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 1/2 Tsp Oil
- Roast Bell-peppers on a gas burner. Keep changing the sides so that bell pepper is roasted on all sides.
- Once bell-peppers cool down, remove their skin.
- Chop them roughly.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add chopped green chillies, chopped onion along with ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes till onion turns translucent.
- Now add bell-peppers and cook again for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, add tomatoes, black pepper and salt. Cook till tomatoes turn tender.
- Turn off the heat and let mixture cool down.
- Transfer contents of kadai and dry basil to a grinder-jar.
- Blitz the mixture for a few seconds. Do not make a puree.
- Transfer contents to kadai along with a few tablespoons of water/milk.
- Cover kadai with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese cubes and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer contents to a serving bowl/plate.
- Garnish with dry basil/coriander leaves.