Cheesy Zucchini Bites : Lip-smacking zucchini balls made with grated zucchini, potato and garlic, stuffed with cheese and seasoned with parsley and a few other spices.
Yields : 12 Cheesy Zucchini Bites
- 350 Gms. Zucchini
- 1 Medium Boiled Potato (Mashed)
- 6-8 Garlic Cloves ( Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Parsley (Chopped)
- 2 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 4 Processed Cheese Cubes/ Mozzarella Cheese(Grated)
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Semolina
- 3 Tbsp Cornflour Powder
- Oil (For Deep Frying)
- Grate zucchini and sprinkle salt over it. Mix and let zucchini rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer grated zucchini to a sieve and press grated zucchini firmly with the back of a ladle to squeeze excess water. Do not discard water. You can use it to knead dough.
- Transfer zucchini, potato, garlic cloves, parsley, chilli flakes, breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp cornflour powder and salt to a big bowl.
- Mix all ingredients and chill the mixture in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Zucchini contains lot of water. So, once mixture is chilled down for sometime, it becomes easier to handle.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions. Take one portion, flatten it, put cheese in the center and seal the portion properly by forming a ball.
- Repeat with other portions.
- Make cornflour slurry with remaining cornflour powder and water.
- Dip each ball into cornflour slurry and coat balls with semolina.
- Refrigerate balls for 15-20 minutes.
- Deep-fry balls in hot oil and lip-smacking cheesy zucchini bites are ready to be devoured.