Stuffed Oats and Moong Dal Pancake : Batter for these pancakes has been made with rolled oats and soaked moong dal. I have used a stuffing of cottage cheese, chopped onion, coriander leaves, piri piri seasoning and salt.
These pancakes are a perfect combination of healthy as well as scrumptious breakfast. Very less oil is required if you use a nonstick pan for cooking these pancakes. Moong dal , as we all know, is known to be powerhouse of protein and Oats are rich source of dietary fibre along with being a good source of protein.
Relish these pancakes with coriander chutney for breakfast. Good news for all moms – it is a kid friendly recipe too.
Yields: 6 Small Pancakes
- 3/4 Cup Moong Dal (Yellow)
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 100 Gms. Cottage Cheese(Paneer)
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Piri Piri Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander
- Oil ( For Cooking )
- Soak yellow moong dal in water for 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer soaked moong dal, oats, green chillies, garlic paste, red chilli powder and salt to grinder jar.
- Blitz the mixture till you get a smooth batter. Use water as necessary.
- Grate cottage cheese and mix chopped onion, piri piri seasoning, chopped coriander leaves and salt along with it.
- Heat a non-stick pan and smear it with a few drops of oil.
- Lower the flame and drop a ladle full of pancake batter on non-stick pan. Spread it into a small circle. Do not make it it too thin or too thick.
- Sprinkle stuffing over it and again drop a few teaspoons of batter over stuffing.
- Cook both sides till they turn golden at low-medium flame. Use a few more drops of oil if necessary.
- Continue with remaining batter.
- Serve hot Stuffed Oats and Moong Dal Pancakes with Coriander Chutney.
- You can use green moong dal in place of yellow moong dal but pancakes taste better with yellow moong dal.
- Piri Piri Seasoning can be replaced with chilli flakes/chilli powder/chopped green chillies as per availability/taste.