Palak Paneer- Succulent cottage cheese cubes dipped in creamy onion based spinach gravy, seasoned with spices. Palak Paneer is a perfect blend of nutritious and flavorsome dish.
I usually do not pan-fry cottage cheese cubes but this time, I did it with minimal oil. If you decide to do so, just soak them in lukewarm water post pan-frying. This helps in keeping them succulent. Cream is usually added to this dish. I avoid adding cream and usually replace it with little quantity of milk.
Serve scrumptious Palak Paneer with any Indian flatbread.
- 1 Bundle of Spinach ( Blanched )
- 2 Medium Onion ( Roughly Chopped )
- 1 Green Chilli
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2″ Ginger Piece
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Kasoori Methi ( Dry roasted n crushed )
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 1/2 Tsp Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- Make a paste with onion, green chillies, garlic and ginger using a grinder.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida, cumin seeds and onion paste.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt over it and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Blitz blanched spinach leaves and make a purée .
- Add purée to pan and add salt and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water along with 1/4 cup of milk and cover pan with lid.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Finally, add lemon juice and kasoori methi powder.
- Stir well and turn off the heat.