Garlic Toast With Roasted Marinated Peppers – Toasted homemade garlic loaf slices topped with a mixture of roasted bell-peppers, marinated with herbs and spices.
It is an oil free healthy breakfast recipe. Use of basil adds a lot of freshness to the toast and sumac powder along with vinegar provides tanginess to the mixture.
- 1 Red Bell-Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell-Pepper
- 1 Green Bell-Pepper
- 12-15 Basil Leaves
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 3/4 Tsp Sumac Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- Black Salt
- Butter/Oil (Optional)
- Cheese Spread (Optional)
- Garlic Loaf
- Roast bell-peppers in an oven or directly on gas burner.
- Once they are cooled down, remove their skin and discard stem and seeds.
- In a big bowl, mix roasted peppers, basil leaves, garlic cloves, sumac powder, garlic powder, chilli flakes, vinegar and black salt.
- Keep the bowl refrigerated for 5-6 hours /overnight for flavors to develop and blend well with each other.
- Smear bread slices with butter/oil (optional) and top with cheese spread (optional) and marinated bell-peppers mixture.
- Toast bread slices in an oven at 210°C till they turn golden brown.
- Serve them hot and crispy with a hot cup of coffee/milk.