Makhni Babycorn – Boiled Babycorn pieces dipped in cashewnut based creamy gravy, seasoned with aromatic spices.
- 6-8 Babycorn (Boiled and Halved)
- 2 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1″ Ginger Piece (Grated)
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 3/4 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 1″ Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 12 Cashewnuts (Soaked in lukewarm water for 30-40 mins)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Coriander Leaves (For Garnishing)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon piece and garlic cloves.
- Once garlic cloves turn pale, add onion and grated ginger and cook till onion turns translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook till tender.
- In the meantime, prepare cashewnut paste using a grinder jar.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and cashewnut paste and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Once mixture is cooled down, blitz using a grinder jar to receive smooth paste.
- Sieve it to get rid of big chunk of spices.
- Transfer mixture again for cooking. Add water/milk as necessary.
- Add boiled babycorn pieces, garam masala and salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 7-8 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Indian Flatbread.