Pistachio and Rose Cake – Moist and fluffy egg-less Pistachio cake flavored with rose essence.
I have used whole wheat flour along with refined flour for preparing cake batter. You can replace it completely with refined flour, if you like. Also, do not forget to sprinkle chopped pistachio pieces over cake batter as they provide a delicious nutty flavor to cake, when roasted.
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Refined Flour
- 11/4 Cup Sugar (Powdered)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil/ Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Rose Essence
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pistachio
- 11/2 Tbsp Chopped Pistachio (For Garnishing)
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water
- Grease a 7″ round baking tin with butter/oil. Sprinkle flour on all sides of the tin and tap it to remove excess flour. This simple step converts your regular tin into a non-stick tin.
- Preheat oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, refined flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a big bowl.
- In another bowl, pour oil, vinegar, rose essence and cold water. Whisk it.
- Add dry mixture into wet mixture, a few tablespoons at a time and mix well. Repeat the process till all of dry mixture is finished.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped pistachio pieces in the batter and gently mix.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin and sprinkle remaining chopped pistachio pieces over the batter.
- Bake at 180 °C in a preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Place the toothpick in the center of the cake to check if it comes clean.
- If it does not come clean , bake again for 8-10 minutes and repeat the toothpick test.
- Once cake is ready, demould it and wait for cake to cool down completely.
- Cut cake into slices and serve.
One thought on “Pistachio and Rose Cake (Egg-less) Recipe”
Can i replace the recipe with completely with whole wheat flour