Kairi Ki Launji – Tangy chutney prepared with raw mangoes along with a few Indian spices and sweetened with jaggery powder.
Serve as a side-dish with any Indian meal. You can also store it in an airtight container and refrigerate. It will stay fresh for 7-10 days.
- 2 Raw Mangoes (Chopped into small pieces)
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- A Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Seeds (Kalaunji)
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds Powder (Saunf)
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
- 6 Tbsp Jaggery Powder (Gud)
- Salt as Per Taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add asafoetida and onion seeds.
- Once they splutter, add chopped raw mango pieces.
- Cook for a few seconds and subsequently, add turmeric powder, fennel seeds powder, dry ginger powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt.
- Cover frying pan with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add jaggery powder and stir well. Turn off the flame once jaggery powder is completely dissolved.
- Serve it as a side-dish with any Indian meal.