Aloo Tikki Burger – Lip-smacking aloo tikkis have been prepared with mashed potatoes, boiled carrots, boiled peas, minced garlic, chopped coriander leaves, bread-crumbs as binding agent and seasoned with red chilli powder, salt and piri piri mix.
I have pan-fried tikkis instead of deep-frying. Use homemade whole wheat burger buns to make them even more healthy.
Yields : 3 Burgers
- 3 Small Potatoes (Boiled and Mashed)
- 1/3 Cup Green Peas
- 1/2 Small Carrot
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 1/2 Bread Slices
- 1/2 Tsp Piri Piri Mix
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Onion Slices
- Tomato Slices
- Burger Spread/ Mayonnaise
- 3 Burger Buns
- Add green peas to a pan filled with water and boil. Once peas are par-boiled, add carrots to pan as well.
- Crush green peas and carrot roughly using mortar and pestle.
- Blitz bread slices in a grinder to get fresh bread-crumbs.
- Take a big bowl and transfer mashed potatoes, green peas, carrots, minced garlic, bread-crumbs, piri piri mix, red chilli powder and salt. Combine well and form tikkis.
- Pan-fry or deep-fry tikkis in a frying pan.
- Slice burger bun in two pieces and warm pieces on a hot tava/griddle using a few drops of oil.
- Place lettuce on bottom bun, folllowed by aloo tikki, onion slices and tomato slices.
- Smear inner side of top bun with burger spread/mayonnaise and place it on tomato slices.
- Relish burger with fries/chips.