Whole Wheat Pita Bread ( Lebanese dish which is a leavened and baked flatbread prepared with whole wheat flour and refined flour), stuffed with Chilli Paneer ( Popular Indo-chinese dish with primary ingredients as chillies, capsicum and cottage cheese).
You can find the recipe of Whole Wheat Pita Bread on my blog.
- 3 Pita Bread
- 200 Gms. Chopped Paneer Cubes
- 2 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Medium Capsicum (Finely Chopped)
- 3 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- 15 Gms. Garlic (Minced)
- 8 Gms. Ginger ( Minced)
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 3 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp Schezwan Sauce
- 2 1/2 Tsp Cornflour Powder
- ½ Tsp Honey
- 2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Salt As Per Taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oil + 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- Add paneer cubes, 1 tsp soya sauce, 1 tsp schezwan sauce, 2 tsp corn flour to a bowl. Add few drops of water and mix such that paneer is thickly coated with it.
- Transfer bowl to fridge and let paneer pieces be marinated for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and brush a bit of oil on its surface.
- Pan-fry paneer cubes on it for 2 minutes using 1/2 tbsp oil. Be sure to turn sides. You can also deep-fry them.
- Transfer paneer cubes to a kitchen towel.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan. Add green chillies, ginger and garlic. Sauté till they appear slight golden in color.
- Add onion. Sweat the mixture with a pinch of salt till onion turns translucent.
- Add capsicum to frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, honey and salt.
- Now, add pan- fried paneer cubes to pan and mix properly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds (slightly toasted on tava) and turn off the flame.
- Slice pita bread into 2 pieces each.
- Toast pita bread on tava (optional) and stuff with chilli paneer filling.