Sweet and Sour Pumpkin dish is very popular among North Indian households, particularly in UP.
This dish tastes scrumptious with bedmi poori, plain poori, methi paratha or plain paratha.
- 500 Gms. Pumpkin Chunks
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3/4 Tsp Nigella Seeds
- Pinch of turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Powdered Jaggery
- Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds and nigella seeds.
- Once seeds begin to splutter, add pumpkin chunks.
- Sprinkle a pinch of turmeric powder and salt over them and stir well.
- Cover kadai with a lid and let it cook till pumpkin turns tender. Add a few teaspoons of water if necessary.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and powdered jaggery. Stir well.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.