Barnyard millet, also known as sama ke chawal or samvat rice is eaten a lot during upwas. It is a gluten free millet with high calcium,iron, phosporous and fiber.
Barnyard Millet Dosa pairs well with coconut chutney. Coconut chutney can be prepared by grinding grated coconut, green chillies, yogurt and sendha namak. You can also stuff barnyard millet dosa with potato filling for a wholesome meal.
- 100 Gms. Barnyard Millet (1/2 Cup)
- 70 Gms. Boiled Potato (Large)
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 1 /2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Sendha Namak
- Soak millets for 3 hours.
- Drain excess water and transfer millets along with mashed potato and green chilli to a grinder jar.
- Grind till you receive a smooth batter.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and salt to batter and let it rest for 30-40 minutes.
- Add water to adjust consistency of dosa batter.
- Heat a tava/griddle over medium heat and lightly brush with oil. Pour dosa batter using a ladle and spread it on tava/griddle. Sprinkle oil on sides and cook dosa on both sides.