Indulge in these refreshing mint chocolate muffins which are super easy to bake and just the perfect dessert for your taste-buds.
A word of caution- Peppermint essence has a strong flavor. So be careful while adding it. Just a few drops will do the trick.
Serves : 12 Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cup Refined Flour
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3-4 Drops of Mint Essence
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water
- Preheat oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Sift refined flour, baking soda and salt together in a big bowl.
- Now, sift together sugar and cocoa powder and mix in the first bowl.
- In another bowl, pour oil, vinegar and cold water. Whisk it.
- Transfer dry ingredients (few tablespoons at a time) to the bowl with liquid ingredients and mix . Repeat the process till dry ingredients are finished.
- Add mint essence and chocolate chips to cake batter and gently mix. Rub chocolate chips with some flour before adding to batter so that chocolate chips do not settle down.
- Pour cake batter into muffin liners and sprinkle few chocolate chips on top. Fill each muffin liner only till 3/4th of its capacity.
- Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.