Cake Pops– Best way to utilize any leftover cake. They are small in size but big enough for your sweet cravings.
There can be many variations to cake pops- one can use different combinations of cake (chocolate/vanilla/other flavors) with milk chocolate/dark chocolate/white chocolate, can even be a mix of these three. Oil based essence (mint, paan, mocha etc. ) can also be added to chocolate for a twist to these scrumptious cake pops.
Cake pops is a great idea for kids’ parties or gifting.
- 140 Gms. Cake
- 30 Gms. Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Milk
- 250 Gms. Chocolate Compound
- Sprinklers (For Decoration)
- 10 Lollipop Sticks
- Thermocol Stand/ Cake Pop Stand
- Crumble cake and transfer to a big bowl.
- Add cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk.
- Mix all ingredients well and divide mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into shape of a ball and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Chop chocolate compound into small pieces.
- Melt chocolate using double boiler method or microwave. If you use microwave, microwave for 20 seconds, stir it and then microwave in intervals of 10 seconds till 75% of chocolate is melted. Residual heat will help in melting remaining chocolate. Do not forget to stir chocolate after every cycle of microwaving.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a narrow cup so that it is easy to dip cake pop completely in chocolate.
- Dip the tip of lollipop stick in chocolate and insert it in cake pop, about half way through.
- Place this stick on a thermocol stand / cake pop stand.
- Repeat for other portions and let them rest for a few minutes on thermocol stand.
- Now dip cake pop in melted chocolate until completely covered.
- Tap it/ swirl it gently to get rid of extra chocolate .
- Immediately, cover it with sprinkles and set on thermocol stand.
- Repeat with other portions. Put thermocol stand inside fridge for 10 mins.
- Cake pops are ready to be devoured.