Chocolate Baskets – Great idea for kids’ bday parties. Chocolate baskets have been prepared with Van Leer chocolate compound using cupcake liners.
These baskets can be prepared in advance and stored for a long period. You can fill these baskets with your choice of fruits, ice-creams, whipped cream, mousse etc. Chocolate basket here has been filled with chopped strawberries, whipped cream and colorful sprinklers – all elements to keep kids happy.
I have made these chocolate baskets by painting chocolate inside cupcake liners. Sounds easy, right ?? Certainly coating liners with chocolate is easy. Main task is to demould them without breaking baskets. There are just a few things you have to keep in mind while making these baskets.
- Paint a thick coat of chocolate on sides.
- Do not hurry in demoulding else baskets will break. Allow chocolate to set properly for 10 minutes in refrigerator.
- Use tip of a knife to loosen cupcake liner at one point, then keep on pulling liner outwards with its help.
Yields: 10 Chocolate Baskets
- 80 Gms. Chocolate Compound
- 10 Cupcake Liners
- Chopped Strawberries
- Strawberry Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Paint Brush
- Chop chocolate compound into small pieces.
- Melt chocolate using double boiler method or microwave. If you use microwave, microwave for 20 seconds, stir it and then microwave in intervals of 10 seconds till 75% of chocolate is melted. Residual heat will help in melting remaining chocolate. Do not forget to stir chocolate after every cycle of microwave.
- Apply a thick coat of chocolate on inner side of cupcake liner using a paint brush. Be swift while doing so. If chocolate starts to set, you will not be able to spread it evenly.
- Let it set for 8-10 minutes inside fridge and subsequently demould it. Insert tip of a knife to loosen cupcake liner at one point, then keep on pulling liner outwards gently with its help.
- Add chopped strawberries to chocolate basket, pipe whipped cream over it and drizzle strawberry sauce over whipped cream. Finally, add sprinklers for decoration.