Christmas Cookies– Egg-less sugar cookies cut using christmas cookie cutters and coated with a thin layer of white/milk chocolate instead of royal icing.
Yields: 24 Cookies
- 120 Gms. Refined Flour
- 60 Gms. Salted Butter (At Room Temperature)
- 60 Gms. Powdered Sugar/Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 15-20 Ml . Milk
- 100 Gms. White Chocolate Compound
- 80 Gms. Milk Chocolate Compound
- Red (Oil based Edible Color for White Chocolate)
- Green (Oil based Edible Color for White Chocolate)
- Beat butter till smooth. Now, whisk butter and sugar together till mixture becomes slightly fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and 15 ml. milk and beat mixture till it is completely fluffy.
- Mix refined flour and baking powder together and sift over sugar mixture.
- Bring all contents together using a spatula till a soft dough is formed. If mixture is too dry, add 5 ml milk to bring it together.
- Wrap dough tightly with a cling foil and chill it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough over a silicon mat to 1/2″ thickness. Sprinkle refined flour over dough and silicon mat to enable smooth rolling.
- Use cookie cutters for cutting cookies in your favorite shapes.
- Gently lift cookies using a spatula and transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Insert tray in the topmost oven slot and bake at 145°C for 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Transfer them to cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt white and milk chocolate separately.
- Dip cookies till half covered in milk chocolate and put sprinklers over it. Cover with white chocolate once milk chocolate has set well. You can chill cookies in refrigerator for setting chocolate.
- Drizzle one drop of edible red color in white chocolate and give it a gentle swirl for marble effect. Dip cookie in chocolate and lift it. Shake cookies to drain excess chocolate. You can add green color similarly and dip cookies in it.
- Chill cookies in refrigerator for 10 minutes and serve immediately or store in an airtight container.