This is my fifth post on pasta sauces and each one of them has their unique mouth-watering taste. Smoky cherry tomatoes pasta sauce has been prepared by roasting onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Roasting gives them a nice smoky flavor which can be tasted in every bite. I have roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic in OTG and onion directly on gas burner. Roasting onion was last minute idea, so just did it on a gas burner. It roasted beautifully on a gas burner as well.
Pasta sauce has been seasoned with black pepper powder, italian herbs seasoning and chilli flakes. Black pepper powder along with roasted vegetables make a heavenly pairing for this pasta sauce.
Enjoy lip-smacking plate of pasta with smoky cherry tomatoes sauce.
Serves : 2 Persons
- 150 Gms. Fusilli Pasta (Cooked)
- 1 Small Onion
- 24 Cherry Tomatoes
- 14 Garlic Cloves (For Roasting)
- 6 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Italian Herbs Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Black Salt ( For Roasting)
- Regular Salt
- 3/4 Tsp Olive Oil (For Roasting)
- 3/4 Tbsp Olive Oil (For Cooking)
- Preheat oven at 200°C for 10 minutes and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place cherry tomatoes and garlic on parchment paper and drizzle a few drops of olive oil and black salt.
- Bake them at 150°C for 25-30 minutes.
- Also, roast onion with its skin directly on a gas burner. Remove its top skin after cooling it for a bit.
- Chop onion and remaining garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and onion. Cook for a minute.
- Add roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add tomato purée.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder, Italian herbs seasoning, red chilli flakes and sugar. Also adjust salt at this stage.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Once contents of pan are cooled down, grind them to get a paste.
- Heat the pan again and transfer paste to it. Cook for 4-5 minutes to adjust consistency. Add water, if necessary.
- Pasta sauce is ready. Add cooked pasta and toss it with sauce.
- Turn off the heat and transfer pasta to a serving bowl.