Baked baby potatoes with aromatic thyme is a variation from marinated tandoori aloo which finds its place among the popular vegetarian appetizers. It is an extremely easy recipe baked with minimal oil .
Thyme, a fragrant herb , has been used in Southern European and Mediterranean cuisines for centuries. Apart from its culinary use, it has medicinal value as well. Thymol, an essential oil of thyme acts as an antiseptic .
This particular recipe provides a healthy snack for kids as well as adults. It is a quick fix recipe for days when you want to snack something scrumptious but do not want to add on too many calories.
Serves : 3-4 persons
- 40 Baby Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Thyme leaves
- 6-8 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Gram Flour +2 Tsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Light Olive Oil
- Salt as per Taste
- Preheat oven at 210°C.
- Wash thyme leaves and potatoes to remove dirt.
- Make a paste of thyme leaves, garlic cloves and 2 tsp of gram flour (add a few drops of water, if necessary) in a mixer-grinder.
- Remove the skin of potatoes.
- Prick them 2-3 times with the help of a fork. It helps in absorbing flavor of herb and spices.
- Transfer all baby potatoes to a big bowl.
- Add thyme paste, red chilli flakes, gram flour, salt and drizzle olive oil. Toss baby potatoes with all the ingredients.
- Now, line the baking tray with parchment paper and spread baby potatoes.
- Bake them for 10 mins. Flip them with the help of a tong and bake again for 10 mins.
- Check with a toothpick to see if they are tender. If not, cook further for 5 minutes..
- Relish with tomato ketchup or mint- coriander dip.
- You can try this recipe without removing skin of potatoes. It will increase the fiber content.
- You can remove thyme leaves from stems easily by scraping stems with the back of a knife or by pulling a fork through its stems.
- If baby potatoes are bigger in size, you can cut them in half and proceed further.
- You can use dried thyme in case fresh thyme is unavailable.