Bhavnagri chillies in this recipe have been stuffed with spicy and tangy achari potato filling .Subsequently, they have been pan-fried in a wide-bottomed pan with some mustard oil. These stuffed bhavnagri chillies serve well as scrumptious side-dish/ accompaniment.
Serves : 6 Stuffed Bhavnagri Chillies
- 6 Bhavnagri Chillies
- 2 1/2 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 3/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds Powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- Heat oil in a kadai and add asafoetida, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- Once cumin seeds begin to crackle, add coriander powder and chilli powder. Cook till mixture begins to turn brown.
- Add mashed potatoes, fennel seeds powder, dry mango powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix everything and let it cook for 10-12 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Mash potatoes and let the mixture cool down.
- Cut bhavnagri chillies for 3/4th of their size, only on one side. Chillies should not separate from their stems. Refer to the image for more clarification.
- Remove the seeds with the back of a fork .
- Put a few teaspoons of achari potato filling with a spoon and push it inside. Put more filling till whole chilli is stuffed.
- Repeat the process till all chillies are stuffed.
- Heat a wide bottomed pan and pour mustard oil.
- Place all chillies and sprinkle some salt over them.
- Cover the pan and cook for 12-15 minutes. Keep on flipping chillies in between so that both sides get cooked.